*Online support for COVID-19 disruptions/uncertainty*
*Over 3 years experience in tutoring and mentoring*
Hey! My name is Freya, I graduated in 2016 as Dux of my School with a consistently high quality of work and drive, and a deep passion for each of my subjects. I am currently in my fourth year of a double degree in Media Arts and Production and Trans-disciplinary Innovation, with a sub-major in Creative Writing, where I have achieved a consistent spread of Distinctions and High-Distinctions.
Over the past 3 years I have worked closely with a range of students from primary to high school to build their skills and confidence in English and Humanities, and help them develop core abilities in stress-management and organisation. I am passionate about facilitating growth and the communication of complex ideas, and I am dedicated to making sure my students master not only the key skills needed to ace their subjects, but also the underlying transferable skills that will come in handy throughout the rest of their lives and careers!
I also specialize in coaching students through major works in Drama, English Extension 2, and Society and Culture, offering academic, time-management and general support. I work closely with students, to construct the best plan of action to get their project from conception to realization, and coach them through the ups, downs and break-downs of crafting and drafting for submission.
I have experience presenting for Adobe Education Exchange on the process of bringing ideas to life, and I have spent the last 3 years producing projects both in and out of University for tight deadlines and complex briefs. I definitely know what it’s like to be crumbling under the pressure of a long-term project, and I have a great understanding of how to come out the other end with something to be proud of!
• 1st in Extension 1 and 2 in years 11 and 12
• Comprehensive understanding of the new HSC English syllabus for all levels of English (from standard to E2)
• Refined and adaptable approach to building essay-writing skills
• Practiced coaching in developing complex thesis statements and deeper analysis
• A year’s experience sub-editing for Vertigo Magazine and a broad understanding of effective writing
• High Distinction average in essay assessments throughout university
SOCIETY AND CULTURE:
• Band 6 HSC results
• High Distinction average in social and political analysis subjects throughout university.
• Published work in 'NEW', Journal for Emerging Scholars in the field of Australian Indigenous Studies.
• Experience tutoring Social Work essay writing at a university level
• Consistent first ranking in drama class from years 8 to 12
• Private and group Drama classes from ages 13 to 17
• 2 year recipient of the Catalina Players Award for Excellence in Performing Arts and Drama
• 1st place in Senior Duos and Trios and 16 Years Character Sketch at Lake Macquarie Eisteddfod 2015 and similar Eisteddfod participation and achievement in 2013 and 2014.
• High Distinction equivalent achievement in studying ‘Texts in Performance’ at Oxford Brookes University (UK) 2018.
• Southlake RSL Sub Branch Award for Excellence in History 2016
• 1st in Modern History years 11 and 12
• Distinction Average in history subjects throughout university
My tutoring sessions are currently conducted primarily online, but I'm happy to chat about in-person options.
Please don't hesitate to get in contact if you have any questions!
I look forward to working with you :)
- High School Dux 2016
- First in English E1 and E2, Society and Culture, Drama, and Modern History across years 11 and 12
- Southlake RSL Sub Branch Award for Excellence in History 2016
- 2 year recipient of the Catalina Players Award for Excellence in Performing Arts and Drama
- Publication in 'NEW', Journal for Emerging Scholars in the field of Australian Indigenous Studies
- Working with Children Check
Year 12 completed in 2016.
Mark achieved: 88.00 (verified).
Currently studying Bachelor of Communication: Media Arts and Production and Bachelor of Creative Intelligence and Innovation at University of Technology Sydney.
- Violin, Piano, Ukulele
- Learning Languages
Freya tutored me in English Standard for the new HSC Syllabus. She is a committed, inspiring and intelligent tutor that allowed me to improve and achieve my best in the HSC. My improvement in English was almost immediate. She worked with me to improve my essay writing, creative writing and unpacking of texts. She has a developed understanding and experience with how to approach the HSC and worked with me to unpack the new syllabus.
- By Laura on
25th November 2019
Over the past two years, I have been studying a bachelor in Social work. Throughout this time, Freya has been tutoring me online and they are a very encouraging and committed tutor. Freya has helped me in further understanding assignment questions and has helped to improve my overall writing and marks. Highly recommend!!
- By Rebecca Clark on
6th November 2019
I have had the pleasure to know and work with Freya throughout university, and they are one of the most diligent and hard working people I have come across. Their passion for learning is infectious, making them the perfect tutor for any student, no matter their attitude or ability. They are also kind, empathetic and approachable, very important traits for a tutor who will be working with students who will most likely be experiencing a lot of stress due to their final exams and assessment tasks. Overall, I wholeheartedly recommend Freya as a tutor for all of the above subjects.
- By Susie Dodds on
27th October 2019