- One-to-one tuition
- Group tuition
- Online help
Doctor of Dental Surgery Student | English/ EAL/ Med School Interview Tutoring | 5 years tutoring experience
Currently a Doctor of Dental Surgery Student at Unimelb, graduated in Caulfield Grammar School with an atar of 98.95 and Bachelor of Biomedicine at Unimelb, specialising in EAL and English tutoring. (Also tutoring for medical school interviews) I’m not the smartest, but having been through the whole process of VCE, Uni, GAMSAT, Interviews to finally get into my dream course, i hope to motivate and bring out the best out of my students to achieve their dreams.
-Experienced tutor with 5 years of experience, who is being hired to tutor at Caulfield Grammar School
- My past teachers have also introduced me to tutor several of their students privately - proving my highly responsible and trustworthy nature.
- 70+% of my students have achieved 40+ in English/EAL
- Many learning resources available on hand.
- Speaks fluent Chinese and Cantonese so that I would be able to help Chinese background students to have a better understanding without having to go home without feeling confident about what is being taught.
- Currently have over 15 students and schedule is quite full, so if interested please contact as soon as possible.
- Held over 30 mock medical school interviews designed specifically for particular uni according to their MMI question types. Most students have been successful with obtaining medical school offers.
Approach in tutoring:
Smarter not harder!! I had been tutored by a past VCE examiner for EAL and would be able to pass on the same notes and tips that she had given me previously. This is integral as I know exactly what VCE examiners look for when they mark English essays. I also have connections from Caulfield Grammar School, which allows me to provide the most updated info to my own students. Indeed, to do well in English and EAL, it is not necessarily just about using “big words”, but having a confident way of writing through a set structure in different essay types. With my careful guidance, my current students have all been able to achieve their full potential. Some are able to jump from a C+ to A, while others are able to enter extension classes.
Summer program available from late December till February. This is a flexible intensive program with 1-2 classes per week that i have designed for student who want to get a head start for the year ahead. Most students attending this program tend to feel more confident heading into next year.
Available for tutoring in Glen Waverley library and online tutoring. Home tutoring could be organised if possible with an additional cost of $10. My rate is $70/hr for 1 on 1 (Year 11-12), $60/hr for 1 on 1 (Year 9-10), $55/hr for 1 on 1 (Year 7-8), $40/hr/ person for groups of 2 and $30/hr/ person for groups of 3. (Form your own groups with your friends to be most at ease when collaborating with each other!)
Please don’t hesitate to contact if you are interested, as places are limited! Look forward to hear from you.
- Scholar of Caulfield Granmar School
- Academics award in English as an additional language
- Academics award in Mathematical methods
Year 12 completed in 2016.
Mark achieved: 98.95 (verified).
Currently studying Doctor of Dental Surgery.
Around Glen waverely with home visits at an additional cost of $15.
can be found among