- One-to-one tuition
- Group tuition
- Phone help
- Online help
ATAR 99.95 | IB 45/45 | 2000 HOURS TUTORING EXPERIENCE |
Hey! My name is Nicholas and in 2018 I achieved full marks (45/45 ATAR 99.95 EQUAL 1st IN THE WORLD) in my IB diploma. Since then I've provided more than 2000 hours of tuition to students from many different learning backgrounds, helping them achieve the highest marks imaginable in the IB. In 2019, two of my students went on to achieve 44/45 (ATAR 99.85), and seven other achieved more than 40/45 in their diploma. In 2020, two of my students achieved 45/45 (ATAR 99.95), and three other students achieved a score of 44/45 in the IB. In 2021, one of my students achieved 45/45 (ATAR 99.95), and two achieved a score of 44/45 in the IB.
I am very inspired by the mindset movement proposed by learning psychologists such as Carol Dweck. Therefore, as a tutor, I recognise the importance of fostering a growth mindset in my students, so that they understand that "failure is an opportunity to grow," "feedback is constructive" and that "effort and attitude determine my abilities, rather than 'natural' intelligence."
With a growth mindset, I strongly believe that any student can achieve 40+/45 in the IB, regardless of prior academic achievement.
I tutor using skype or zoom. I use a Surface Pro laptop with an electric pen, which allows students to see exactly what I write on their screen using screen share.
- IB 45/45 (EQUAL FIRST IN THE WORLD)
- Year 11 IB English Literature HL Prize
- Year 11 IB Sports Science Prize
- Year 12 IB Business and Management Prize
- Year 12 IB Sports Science Prize
- Current 7.0/7,0 (HD) Average at University
- IB Distinction Certificate
- The University of Sydney Year 10 Academic Excellence Award 2016
- Bachelor of Clinical Sciences academic Excellence Prize (highest overall GPA in course)
I use Skype due to COVID-19. I have a surface laptop which allows me to share a whiteboard with the student. I have tutored like this for more than 250 hours alone.
can be found among