I am a qualified Mathematics and Japanese teacher with more than 8 years of tutoring experience. With an immense passion for teaching, I aim to provide students with personalised learning experience which will help them overcome their struggles in the subject, as well as increasing their self confidence.
My teaching areas are:
- Mathematics in primary level
(including preparation for selective school test, Olympiad competition and NAPLAN)
- Mathematics from Year 7 to Year 10 (including 5.1, 5.2, 5.3 streams)
- Year 11 & 12 Mathematics Standard
- Year 11 & 12 Mathematics Advanced
- Year 11 & 12 Mathematics Extension 1
- Japanese and Chinese (from primary up to Year 10)
- Year 11 & 12 Japanese and Chinese Beginners
- Year 11 & 12 Japanese and Chinese Continuers
As a qualified teacher who understands the current syllabus, I will prepare resources to help students understand difficult concepts, as well as providing many practice papers to aid students develop good time management and study skills. Hence, many of my students have achieved fantastic improvement and results in HSC.
My hourly rates for individual student are as follow:
- $50 for primary students
- $60 for Year 7
- $70 for Year 8
- $80 for Year 9
- $90 for Year 10
- $100* for Year 11 Mathematics Standard, Chinese and Japanese
- $110* for Year 11 Mathematics Advanced, Chinese and Japanese
- $120* for Year 11 Mathematics Extension 1
*Extra $10 per hour for Year 12
Working with Children Check can be provided if requested. Please do not hesitate to contact me for more information.
- Successfully earned a place on WSU School of Education Dean's Merit List
- Awarded Osaka University Scholarship for Intensive In-Country Japanese Course
- Awarded Australian National University's Undergraduate Scholarship
- Achieved all 5A*s in Cambridge A-Level
- Achieved above 90% in JLPT N1
1) Master of Teaching - Western Sydney University (GPA: 6.0/7.0)
- Mathematics and Japanese as the first and second teaching areas respectively
- Has successfully earned a place on the School of Education Dean's Merit List
2) Graduate Diploma in Statistics - University of New South Wales (Distinction average)
-Main courses involve biostatistics which include Statistical Methods in Epidemiology, Clinical Trials, Survival Analysis, Data Mining, Multivariate Analysis and Longitudinal Data Analysis
-Achieved high distinction in Survival Analysis (80%) and Multivariate Analysis (82%)
3) Bachelor of Science - Australian National University (Distinction average)
-Major in Statistics, minor in Mathematics
4) Cambridge A-Level
-Achieved 5A*s for Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Thinking Skills.
- Watching Japanese anime
- Reading Japanese manga
Christy has been an amazing tutor who helped me achieved band 6 in HSC advanced and extension 1 maths. I used to have low confidence in maths but Christy's constant encouragement has helped me regained confidence towards learning mathematics. I could not speak highly enough of her teaching skills.
- By Olivia Woo on
26th July 2020
Christy is a professional tutor, she knows subject area and able to articulate content the students, She has a strong sense of responsibility and a caring heart for her students allowing them to grow and learn confidently.
- By Henry Lu on
26th July 2020
Christy is a passionate tutor who explains concepts in an easy to understand way. She was able to help through problems step by step and allow me to make a marked improvement in my studies.
I would recommend her to anyone looking for a tutor!
- By Jo on
19th October 2019
As a past student on Christys I was able to improve my weaknesses in maths but more importantly I was able to further improve my strengths with her help.
I had a very enjoyable experience during my lessons as she was able to explain concepts clearly and was also able to provide me with challenging questions for my better topics.
I would recommend Christy to any students out there who need help with their maths.
- By Jonathan on
13th October 2019
Christy is passionate and patience in teaching since I know her. She is dedicated and want to bring out the best of her students. She will go the extra mile to provide sufficient learning materials for them to make sure they have a better understanding of the topics and basic concepts. I would highly recommend Christy for those seeking for tutor.
- By EK Au on
31st October 2019
Christy has been tutoring ever since her days in College; me being one of her previous students. Christy constantly seeks to better understand and bring out the best out of all her students. She never gives up on them and genuinely cares for their well being. I highly recommend Christy for those seeking to procure knowledge effectively in a warm and comforting environment.
- By CS Lai on
15th October 2019
I have known Christy for more than 10 years and am well-acquainted with her passion in teaching. She is kind, reliable and responsible. She is earnest in wanting to bring out the best in her students. Christy is a dedicated high school teacher and is always diligent in preparing engaging lessons that will help her students achieve better understanding in Maths and languages.
- By Yi Hui Wee on
14th October 2019
Patience and engaging are the two best qualities Christy has when it comes to teaching. She is often encouraging and brings out the best of her friends around her. Her diligence and dedication towards high school education will be a great help to whoever wishes to suceed academically.
- By Steven L on
13th October 2019