Hi, my name is Jenny Bui.
I have graduated from Master of Teaching Secondary (double Mathematics curriculum) at the University of Sydney and received Marion Macaulay Bequest Scholarship. I attained ATAR 98.60 and completed the Bachelor of Advanced Mathematical Science (Computational and Discrete Mathematics) at the Australian National University and currently doing Mathematics research.
I have taught part-time and casual year 7-12 and Maths Extension at North Sydney Boys High School, Sydney Boys High School, Newtown Performing Arts High School, NBSC Balgowlah Boys Campus, Rose Bay Secondary College, Christian Brothers' Lewisham, Sydney Secondary College Blackwattle Bay and Australian Performing Arts Grammar School. I have nine-year tutoring experiences in Mathematics from K-12. My students are from North Sydney Girls High School, Sydney Girls High School, International Grammar School, MLC School, Sydney Grammar School, Fort Street High School, St George Girls High School, Pymble Ladies’ College, St Mary’s Cathedral, Presbyterian Ladies’ College and Cranbrook School.
I am currently holding Teaching Mathematics Provisional Accreditation by NSW Standards Authority (NESA) number 924938 and the Department of Education working number 1370612. Moreover, I also hold Working With Children Check number WWC1442626E, First aids certificate CPR HLTAID004 , E-emergency and Anaphylaxis certificate, Child protection training, the member of Australian Mathematical Science Institute (AMSI) and Australian Computer Society (ACS).
My greatest passions is solving mathematical conundrums, and I truly enjoy supporting and fostering students' conceptual comprehension in various mathematical concepts, exam revisions for HSC and IB. My mathematical teacher model is local Australian hero Eddie Woo.
I am more than happy to explain and clarify mathematical topics in-depth and help students better understand homework tasks. I also go through the common misconceptions and mistakes in the tests and assignments and provide detailed explanations and advice on improving these errors. For me, learning is not solely about achieving high scores but enriching learners' critical thinking, reasoning and problem-solving skills, and encouraging them to become confident and successful Mathematical users in the future. Moreover, I understand that comprehending Mathematical theories and abstract concepts are challenging and can be confusing at the same time. Therefore, I provide various opportunities to extend Mathematical thinking and facilitate you during the learning journey so they can accomplish bite-sized, but real and measurable goals.
I am flexible with the time and locations so feel free to contact me then we can discuss the schedule further.
For year 7-10, the fee would be $75/hour
For year 11 and 12, the fee would be $80/hour for Standards Maths, $90/hour for Advanced and $100 for Extension 1 and Extension 2
- Principal's list for Excellence
- Award Prize for Excellence in Mathematics
- Award Prize for Excellence in English Language
- Music and Performing Arts Team Student Representative Council
- President of Inter-hall International Student
- President of Student Integration Program
- Unilodge International Student Officer
- Resident Leader at the Iglu Broadway
- Tutor of Language and Culture Community, Vietnamese as first/second language, EALD
- External Relation Officer AIESEC
- Study Canberra Student Ambassadors
- ANU Community Student Ambassadors
- Student Mentor of Women STEM
- ANU Alumni volunteer
- Maths assistant volunteer at the University of Sydney
- Marion Macaulay Bequest Scholarship at the University of Sydney
- Maths teacher assistant volunteer at QSI International School
- Mathematics Teacher DET
- Solving Maths problems. My area of interests are calculus, number theory and cryptography
- Listening to music
- Watching Marvel movies
I was quite dubious about private coaching but my daughter (12) completely transformed after one lesson with Jenny.
This women understands that education is t filling a bucket, it’s lighting a fire.
I just wish I had done it earlier. Early days but so far covert, very good!
- By Jane Jane Worthington on
28th June 2019