Around HurstvilleSunday 9:30 AM - 6:00 PM
Saturday 9:30 AM - 6:00 PM
Around RockdaleSunday 9:30 AM - 6:00 PM
Saturday 9:30 AM - 6:00 PM
I'm more than happy to tutor in public libraries and in the greater Sydney region, provided it's not super North or super West! If you're not sure, just message me, and we can sort it out!
AboutHello! I'm Will, a recent graduate of Newington College who completed the IB program with a score of 44/45 (equivalent ATAR of 99.85). I'll be studying a BA in Jurisprudence (Law) at the University of Oxford late this year, and am offering tuition for a range of subjects, specializing in English, Latin and Economics.
From the get-go, I want to hear about you - how you learn and where you are at currently. With 18 months of tutoring experience, I understand that everyone requires something different, and will adopt a top-down approach comprehensively tailored to your needs, whether that involve catch-up work, pre-exam prep, subject acceleration or the building of specific skills.
For IB students, I have a bank of past papers and top band exemplars for subject IAs as well as EE and TOK essays at your disposal. Additionally, I am more than happy to mark and offer advice on your written work, whether it be the aforementioned assessments or homework pieces.
I can also help with the UK application process for Oxbridge as well as the US application process, and also provide advice for university courses in NSW, including Medicine, Law, and others.
There's a lot of time between now and when I leave for Oxford, so I'm very flexible! If you have any questions regarding time or location, feel free to contact me at 0413863795, or at my email, email@example.com.
**Willing to tutor primary students as well!
SUBJECTS OFFERED FOR TUITION
- Years 7-10 English, Mathematics, Latin
- IB Chemistry SL
- IB Mathematics SL, Mathematics Studies
- IB Latin HL and SL
- IB Economics HL and SL
- IB English Literature HL and SL
- IB Philosophy HL and SL
- IB Extended Essay
- IB TOK (presentation and essay)
- $40-$50 per hour (depending on location)
- Tutoring at student's home or public library (latter preferred)
- 1-to-1 (either in-person or online via Skype) preferred, group tuition limited to 3 students
- IB English Literature texts studied include: Chronicle of a Death Foretold (Marquez), Upside Down (Galeano), Neruda poetry, T.S.Eliot poetry, Othello, Clockwork Orange, The Golden Age (Nowra), An Imaginary Life (Malouf), Ted Hughes poetry, Plath poetry, William Blake poetry
- IB Chemistry option studied was Option D: Medicinal Chemistry
- IB Philosophy options studied include: Ethics and Political Philosophy for Paper 1, Mill's 'On Liberty' for Paper 2
- Proxime Accessit (2nd in cohort) (2018)
- Academic Colours (2017)
- Academic Merit Award (2013, 2015, 2016, 2017)
- 100% Academic Scholarship Recipient to Newington College (2013 - 2018)
- University of Sydney Scholar Chancellor's Award
EducationYear 12 completed in 2018.
Mark achieved: 99.85 (verified).
Currently studying a BA in Jurisprudence (Law) at the University of Oxford.
- One-to-one tuition
- Group tuition
- Home visits
- Phone help
- Online help (Skype)
- Creativity, action, service (CAS)
- Extended essay (EE)
- Mathematical Studies SL
- Mathematics SL
- Theory of knowledge (TOK)