Around CarineSunday 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Saturday 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Around Wembley DownsMonday 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Tuesday 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Wednesday 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Thursday 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Friday 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
AboutHi! I'm Ollie, a Year 10 student at Hale School in Western Australia. I'm available to teach years 7-9 mathematics.
While I might only be Year 10, that doesn't mean I lack knowledge or experience. Currently, I'm undertaking my IGCSE O-levels in Mathematics, a program usually only offered to Year 10 extension students at Hale School. I've also participated in prestigious mathematics competitions, some selective, such as the AMC, AIMO, AMOC, and WAJO. You can see some of my results below.
As a student, I’ve seen that the most effective type of teaching is when a teacher both teaches concepts in a clear and intuitive way, and when they can relate it back to the real world. Indeed, this is how I’ve managed to excel in mathematics – by nursing a passion for maths and combining that with persistence and determination. I’ve found YouTube channels such as 3Blue1Brown (especially their Introduction to Calculus series) and KhanAcademy to be incredibly useful and effective, and try to learn and incorporate their teaching methods in my own teaching.
Inside my friend network, I’ve become a person to ask for help if needed. I’ve always made myself accessible and open to everybody, and I have mentored not only friends who are doing curriculum maths and classmates in my more advanced maths class. I find teaching to not only be a great way to solidify my own knowledge but also to improve my communication skills. Furthermore, this ‘informal teaching’ has taught me to adapt and teach to different levels of ability, from extension students to struggling ones. It’s this experience which makes me sure that I can work effectively with younger peers and help them with their challenges.
If you have any queries or questions, feel free to contact me. I look forward to hearing from you soon!
- WAJO (Year 7-9 competition) Year 8, 2nd highest score in the state.
- AMC (Junior 7-8 division) Year 8, Prize
- AMOC (only 100 students are given an opportunity to participate in Australia from Years 9-11) Year 9: Honourable Mention
- Selection to participate in the AIMO (Years 7-10 competition), Years 7, 8, 9
- Selection to represent Perth at the International Tournament of Towns, Years 8 and 9 – one of ~40-60 students from Years 7-12 inside Perth
- Scholarship to Hale School, and selection into Perth Modern School
- ICAS Mathematics Years 4, 5, 6, Medal (highest score in the state)
- Sat the Australian Mathematical Olympiad
EducationYear 10 student.
Currently studying at Hale School.
- Computer programming (Python/JS/Swift)
- Hobbyist electronics
- Violin and piano (except I don't have lessons anymore)
- Video games :)
$20 per hour
- One-to-one tuition
- Design and Technologies
- Digital Technologies
Tutoring students in
- Year 9
- Year 8
- Year 7