LocationKrystal tutors around Werribee
Krystal also tutors around Melbourne
AboutI am a VIT registered teacher and have experience in teaching VCE English, VCE Psychology, VCE Theatre Studies, 7 - 10 English, Humanities, Religious Education and Wellbeing. Over my career I have become immersed in AusVELs, Victorian Curriculum, VCE and IB curriculum, policy and practice.
I am currently studying a Master of Education (Student Wellbeing) at The University of Melbourne and have received First Class Honours in all assessment.
I currently hold a Bachelor of Teaching (Secondary) and a Bachelor of Arts from Deakin University, where I received a High Distinction average across all learning areas. Due to my academic standing, each degree was promoted to 'Bachelor with Distinction'. During my time at Deakin I majored in Literature and minored in Psychology and Linguistics. In addition, I was inducted into the Golden Key International Honour Society (only the top 15% of students worldwide receive invitations) and was an elected Committee Member.
To broaden my understanding and connectedness with students, I also completed a Certificate of Education (Support) through Monash Univeristy, specialising in Asperger's Syndrome.
I completed my VCE in 2009 and received an ATAR score of 94. I was featured as a Top Scorer (40+) in Media Studies, Psychology and Legal Studies. As a part of my VCE course of study, I completed English (1-4), Psychology (1 -4), General Maths (1+2), Further Maths (3+4), Media Studies (1-4), Religion and Society (1-4), Legal Studies (3+4) and Italian (1+2). I was the recipient of the Peter Davey Toyota Citizenship Award, Snap Printing Media Studies Scholarship, and Religion and Society Top Scorer Scholarship.
I pride myself on the relationships I build with my students, the expectations I set and the consequential correlation with their academic outcomes. I have seen impressive growth in my students across varying dimensions of their lives including academically, socially and intrapersonally and have produced several top scorers that have gone on to study across a range of sectors.
I am a firm advocate for high performance learning and have extensive experience in mentoring and coaching in study skills and wellbeing. Additionally I have a vested interest in careers and pathways counselling and support.
- ATAR of 94
- 40+ Psychology, Media Studies and Legal Studies
- Peter Davey Toyota Citizenship Award
- Snap Printing Media Studies Scholarship
- Religion and Society Top Scorer Scholarship
- Golden Key International Honour Society Member
- Honours in Literature invitation (Deakin University)
- High Distinction average throughout undergraduate study
- First Class Honours average across postgraduate study
EducationCurrent VIT registered teacher of VCE English, VCE Psychology and VCE Theatre Studies
- In my first year of teaching, I produced the largest number of 40+ students across the College
Master of Education (Student Wellbeing)/Current.
- The University of Melbourne.
- Received First Class Honours in all subjects.
Bachelor of Teaching/Bachelor of Arts/2013.
- Deakin University.
- Majored in Literature.
- Minored in Psychology and Linguistics.
- Golden Key International Honours Society Inductee and elected Committee Member (Top 15% of students worldwide).
- Received High Distinction Average across all learning areas, resulting in both degrees promoted to Bachelor with Distinction.
- Invited to study Honours Literature.
Victorian Certificate of Education/ 2009
- ATAR score of 94.
- 40+ Top Scorer in Media Studies, Psychology and Legal Studies.
- Peter Davey Toyota Citizenship Award Recipient.
- Snap Printing Media Studies Scholarship Recipient.
- UN Youth Ambassador Nomination.
- Attending and reviewing live theatre
- Performing in and directing musical theatre
- Reading and responding to classic and contemporary literature
- Exploring and engaging with new digital technologies
- Anything Harry Potter related
$60 per hour
- One-to-one tuition
- Group tuition
- Home visits
- Phone help
- Online help (Skype)
- Civics & Citizenship
- Drama Unit 1
- Drama Unit 2
- Drama Unit 3
- Drama Unit 4
- English (ESL) Unit 1
- English (ESL) Unit 2
- English: Foundation Unit 1
- English: Foundation Unit 2
- English Language Unit 1
- English Language Unit 2
- English Language Unit 3
- English Language Unit 4
- English Literature Unit 1
- English Literature Unit 2
- English Literature Unit 3
- English Literature Unit 4
- English Unit 1
- English Unit 2
- English Unit 3
- English Unit 4
- Legal Studies Unit 1
- Legal Studies Unit 2
- Legal Studies Unit 3
- Legal Studies Unit 4
- Media Unit 1
- Media Unit 2
- Media Unit 3
- Media Unit 4
- Psychology Unit 1
- Psychology Unit 2
- Psychology Unit 3
- Psychology Unit 4
- Sociology Unit 1
- Sociology Unit 2
- Sociology Unit 3
- Sociology Unit 4
- Theatre Studies Unit 1
- Theatre Studies Unit 2
- Theatre Studies Unit 3
- Theatre Studies Unit 4
Tutoring students in
- Year 12
- Year 11
- Year 10
- Year 9
- Year 8
- Year 7
- International Baccalaureate