45 IB/99.95 ATAR
Hi, I am Rainy! I recently completed my International Baccalaureate Diploma in 2020 at MLC School. I received a perfect score of 45, equating to a 99.95 ATAR, and I was the Dux (2019) and Runner Up Dux (2020) of the IB Candidature in my cohort. I also ranked first in a number of individual subjects in both years, including Mathematics, Economics, Chinese and Chemistry. I am currently studying Bachelor of Science/Doctor of Medicine at USyd.
My IB subjects are:
- English A Literature HL
- Mathematics HL (Calculus Option)
- Economics HL
- Chinese B HL
- Chemistry SL (Option D Medicinal Chemistry)
- Biology SL (Option C Ecology)
- EE (Chinese)
I am extremely familiar with the current syllabuses (both external and internal assessments) for all of these subjects, including those updated for examinations in 2021 and 2022. Besides those listed above, I am also confident in TOK. I received a perfect score (10/10) for my TOK presentation on the first attempt, and a predicted A altogether for TOK.
Because of my choice to study 4 challenging HLs, my involvement in co-curricular activities and leadership roles, I found time management and strategies to study efficiently considerably significant and useful. I personally did not opt for rote-learning and passive notes memorisation, hence I will instead prefer to share my experience with you on how to "work smart not hard". I will help you develop in-depth understanding of the content and perfect exam techniques through practice responses, all working towards maximising your learning with minimal effort and still sufficient time reserved for your Youtube and Netflix. :)
Further, I can offer you comprehensive advice and a wide range of resources (essay plans, top band samples and exemplars, exam "cheat sheets", past papers, topic-based questionnaires, etc.) to ensure you achieve academic improvement and personal best. I can also promise to answer any questions you encounter in your studies outside of classes via text or email.
Additionally, I completely understand that IAs and other written assignments embedded in the IB programme can also be quite daunting, so I am more than happy to offer proof reading service, provide extensive feedbacks on any sent work or assist you in formulating ideas, constructing essay skeletons and polishing final drafts.
You are more than welcome to contact me for any enquiries or further questions! I will respond to them as soon as I can. :))
- 45 IB/99.95 ATAR
- Recipient of Academic Excellence Award and All Rounder Prize
- Australian Intermediate Mathematics Olympiad - High Distinction
- Invited to the Tournament of the Towns - ranked top 10 in state
- Australian Mathematics Competition - High Distinction
- Australian National Chemistry Quiz - High Distinction
- Recently invited to interview for the undergraduate course of Mathematics at University of Cambridge
- Unconditional early offer for B of Actuarial Studies/B of Laws (Honours) at ANU
- Recipient of Sydney Scholars Award 2021
Year 12 completed.
Mark achieved: 99.95.
- Currently obsessed with Among Us
Rainy is a very patient and passionate person who is always happy to help her peers and makes an amazing tutor. She explains things very well and makes a challenging concept much easier to understand.
- By Lauren Huynh on
1st December 2020