- One-to-one tuition
- Group tuition
- Home visits
- Phone help
- Online help
My name is Mel and I am a current HSC student at Meriden School set to study a double degree of Bachelor of Law (Hons) and Bachelor of Arts at ANU in 2021 via an early entry acceptance.
I am happy to offer help across all humanities subjects from years 7-10, particularly History and Commerce. I am also able to offer assistance in Ancient History and Legal Studies as I have consistently achieved highly in my senior years (1st year 11, top 3 in year 12). I specialise specifically in 11-12 Business Studies, and achieved high results in the accelerated course both within my school (an average of 97 in internal assessments, 1st rank in the accelerated course and 94 final HSC mark) and in external competitions. I am fully aware of the challenges of critical thinking and heavy content present in humanities subjects, and have mastered techniques to grapple with the demands of these courses.
I am able to conduct home visits in Sutherland and Inner West areas or otherwise library sessions, online Skype or phone sessions and email help. I would assist particularly with revision, homework help and assignments or assessment tasks. I believe in working smarter, so that your child can not only achieve excellent results, but maximise time so that a work-life balance is maintained.
I am a positive and patient person who is passionate about helping each child reach their academic potential and truly love learning. I know that high school is a challenging period but every student has the ability to absorb so much more from learning if they receive positive reassurance and discover their interests. I look forward to hearing from you!
- Accelerated Business Studies Course - 1st internal rank, 94 overall in Business Studies HSC, High Distinction University of Newcastle Business Plan Challenge 2018, Highly Commended Commonwealth Bank Plan Your Own Enterprise Competition 2018, Distinction Australian Business Competition 2018 High Distinction Australian History Challenge, consistent 90+ grades throughout 7-11 History
- High Distinction University of Newcastle Business Plan Challenge 2018
- Highly Commended Commonwealth Bank Plan Your Own Enterprise Competition 2018
- Distinction Australian Business Competition 2018
- High Distinction Australian History Challenge, consistent 90+ grades throughout 7-11 History and Commerce
Currently completing Year 12 at Meriden and finishing my HSC
- Water Polo/Swimming
- Social Justice and Green Team groups
- Music (I was involved in various bands, singing groups and choirs throughout school)
Able to meet at homes and libraries in the Inner West and Sutherland areas. For other areas feel free to message me and we can work something out :)
can be found among