I am an enthusiastic and hands on tutor with a broad style which is flexible and adaptive to the needs of the student. I am happy to cater to students who need structured, individualised sessions or students who are just looking for help with homework and revision.
I am currently completing a Masters of Laws at the University of Melbourne. Outside of my degree, I work as a legal research assistant for a criminal law chambers. Last year, I interned at the United Nations War Crimes Tribunal in Cambodia, and wrote a legal thesis which has been published as two academic articles!
I have also completed an Exchange in Spain, studied in China, completed multiple internships and organised Australia’s largest mock trial competition, which featured 33 universities from 4 countries.
I completed High School in 2014. During Year 12, my best subjects were:
Legal Studies (A)
Modern History (A)
Business Management (A)
I also averaged Mid to High A from Year 8 to 10 in above listed subjects as well as Ancient History, Science and Maths.
I have listed it in letter grades as I completed High School in Queensland, which did not have the same final grading system. However, curriculums and units were identical!
My teaching style is very proactive and adaptive! I like to come up with a strategy that will individually fit the student, but all the strategies share the certain end goals which include:
- Meeting long-term goals set at the first meeting.
- At minimum, the grade targets that the student wants to achieve.
- Having developed strategies which the student can use in the future such as essay writing techniques, organisational skills.
The main method of achieving these listed goals is through developing a personal relationship between myself and the student, one which prioritises communication, respect and trust.
I believe with these things in mind, short term and long term success is possible while also allowing you to develop skills that you can use long after high school!
- 2020 - Top 5 score for Honours thesis
- 2019- Member of La Trobe Team that won Eric Bergstrom Award and finished Eighth finalist at 26th Willem C. Vis International Arbitration Moot
- 2018- Hosted my first radio show at SYN FM
- 2016- Winner of La Trobe University Contracts Law Moot
- 2015- Represented La Trobe University at the Asia Pacific Model United Nation
Year 12 completed in 2014.
Mark achieved: 90.00.
Currently studying Bachelor of Law (Honours)/ Bachelor of International Relations at La Trobe University.
- Radio show hosting
- Watching movies and tv shows