Hi! My name’s Meghana and I recently graduated from Narrabundah College in 2019, obtaining an ATAR of 99.45. I achieved scaled scores of
• 211 in Specialist Mathematics (99 HSC)
• 211 in Specialist Methods (99 HSC)
• 202 in Chemistry (96 HSC)
I have recently received offers for Law and Actuarial Studies at ANU will be commencing study in 2021. I am very organised, patient and like to think I am also approachable and friendly. I understand that every student is different and hence I try my best to cater to different learning styles. I understand how difficult high school can be, especially if your teachers are unable to provide the kind of support and teaching style you require. I aim, through tutoring, to fill these gaps in my students’ education, and help them become more confident with the course material and their own ability.
My passion for STEM subjects was developed early in high school and has grown throughout secondary studies. Throughout my studies I have gathered:
• in-depth course notes
• practice past examination papers
• extensive knowledge on course material
• firsthand experience of the latest syllabus
I am more than happy to tutor and offer help in the following subjects:
• UCAT (only available for group tutoring)
• Science for years 7-10
• Maths for years 7-10
• Chemistry specifically for years 6-12
• Specialist Mathematics for years 11&12
• Specialist Methods for years 11&12
• Mathematical Methods for years 11&12
• Mathematical Applications for years 11&12
• ANU Chemistry Extension 11&12
For all these subjects I’m offering, I will provide
• a detailed lesson plan prior to the allocated time
• practice questions, exams, scaffolds and sample answers for no extra cost
• Past papers from a range of reliable sources
• regular quizzes to assess a student’s understanding which are graded for feedback
• evidence-based study techniques that help memory recall
• phone and email support 7 days a week
• a comfortable learning environment but most importantly,
• an enjoyable lesson catered to the student’s individual learning needs
My location, costs and availability!
I live in North Canberra and can do one-on-one or group tutoring around suburbs that surround Gungahlin. However, I am willing to expand this range.
During the week, I can tutor at a student’s home if they live in the North Canberra region. I can also tutor in person at a student’s home in South Canberra as well however later in the evening. (Please note there will be a surcharge for home tuitions for travel purposes subject to distance).
If students do not reside in these locations, I also offer online lessons through Zoom (specialised service), and send graded exams and essays are scanned through email.
• Online – $40/hr
• Group Online – $25-35/hr
• Individual – $40/hr
• Groups – $25-35/hr (Negotiable)
I also have a valid WWVP card!
Please feel free to contact me and let me help you achieve your desired grades and ATAR! :)
Thanks so much for reading my profile.
- Narrabundah College Graduate (2019)
- ANU Chemistry Extension Graduate (High Distinction 2019)
- ADF Long Tan Youth Leadership Award
- Dux of Gungahlin College SMART Program (2017)
Year 12 completed in 2020.
Mark achieved: 99.45 (verified).
Currently studying GAP YEAR.
Meg is an excellent tutor and she communicates with her students really well. She is great at getting a concept embedded into your mind. It has been a pleasure having Meg as my tutor for mathematics and science.
- By Shemi and Geetham on
23rd September 2020
A great tutor!! When working one on one, and in a group setting she always makes sure that we understand what she is teaching, and makes sure to remind us to ask questions about what we aren’t clear with, and takes her time to explain the answer to us until we understand. Is attentive to what the student needs help with, and doesn’t rush or hurry through the content, but teaches it properly so that we understand. Would really recommend for chemistry!!
- By shiza on
22nd September 2020
Meg is professional, reliable, punctual, polite and an excellent tutor. We have been very pleased to have her as a tutor and highly recommend Meg to others.
- By Melanie and Henry (17) on
8th August 2020
Meg was a great tutor and helped me to understand several maths concepts, she was very good at explaining complex concepts in a simple way.
- By Henry on
6th August 2020