Hello! I am a recent high school graduate from Glenunga International High School who undertook the IB diploma. I am offering tutoring for the subjects I scored A/A+ grades in throughout high school until IB, where I scored 6s and 7s:
- Year 7-12 English Literature (SL/SACE)
- Year 7-12 Mandarin Chinese B (SL/SACE)
- Year 7-12 Economics (SL)
- Year 7-12 Mathematics (SL/General/Essentials)
- Year 7-12 Biology (HL/SL/SACE)
I have achieved outstanding achievement awards for English, Mandarin, Mathematics, and Biology. I also achieved a Merit in Economics, which is the highest score in my school's cohort. These results have allowed me to be accepted into a variety of courses including Medicine, Pharmacy, Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, and Nursing. In addition, I have also been offered a few Merit scholarships.
With many years of experience as a tutor for students in Years 8-11, 100% of my students have improved by at least one grade band with some students even going from C/D grades to A grades. In addition to my experience as a tutor, I have taken courses from renowned universities on learning methodologies and education such as the University of California, San Diego and Harvard University so I am equipped to meet the needs of any student.
These are my rates:
- $35/hour for one-on-one sessions
- $30/hour for one-on-one sessions (ONLINE)
- $25/hour for groups of 2+ (ONLINE)
I usually tutor at the Burnside Library or the University of Adelaide's Hub Central as I am currently a student there. However, due to the current circumstances, I am only able to the Burnside library and online.
As a results-driven person whose ultimate goal is to help you/your child achieve the dream grade, I look forward to helping you/your child excel!
- School Merit in IB Economics
- Outstanding Achievement in English A SL, Mandarin B SL, Chemistry HL, Biology HL, Mathematics HL
- 2019 Chinese Language Award for Secondary Language Learners of South Australian Schools
- Oliphant Science Awards - 1st and 2nd Prize Winner in 2016, 2019
- Semi-Finalist in Debating SA
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (Honours) - Merit Scholarship
- Bachelor of Chemical Engineering (Honours) - Global Citizens Scholarship
- Bachelor of Environmental Engineering (Honours) - Global Citizens Scholarship
- Working with Children Check
- National Police Check
- ABRSM Grade 6 Piano - Distinction
- ABRSM Grade 5 Music Theory - Distinction
Year 12 completed.
Mark achieved: N/A.
Currently studying at The University of Adelaide.
- Classical guitar
- Learning languages
Anita was patient, kind, and understanding during our tutoring sessions. She taught me in such a way that after our time together, I was able to fully understand the material not just memorize it. My time with her was invaluable, and I highly recommend her to anyone in need of tutoring!
- By Olivia on
14th March 2020
Anita is a very kind and intelligent person, qualities I believe make her an amazing tutor. Her tireless drive to help people combined with her knack for explaining difficult concepts understandably allows her to be a really effective teacher. I would recommend her without hesitation to anyone looking for a tutor!
- By Vighnesh Nagpal on
22nd May 2020
Anita has the all the qualities of a model student - she is extremely diligent, organised and caring with a strong work ethic and attention to detail. Throughout my time working alongside her, I have noticed that these qualities stem from her genuine passion and curiosity for learning, something which I am confident she will pass on to her students. I have no hesitations in recommending her for this role.
- By Sid Chandrasena on
11th February 2020
As a tutor, Anita is highly knowledgeable in all areas and subjects she tutors. In addition, she is also a very approachable and compassionate tutor which allows her students to approach learning and studying with ease and with passion. I strongly recommend Anita as a tutor.
- By Tommy Tian on
20th January 2020