I am a 23 year old student at UNSW currently studying a Bachelor of Laws/International Studies (International Relations), who has tutored students for 3 1/2 years.
My tutoring focuses on the humanities, or subjects within the English and HSIE umbrellas. I utilise a bottom-up approach: ensuring that students have mastered the fundamentals, tailoring their learning and mindset to the syllabus requirements and, as well as developing content recall skills, focusing on writing with structure, using language to optimise clarity and expressing moderately complex concepts with as much efficacy and as few words as possible.
As of December 2019 I have two remaining 1-2hour(s)/week tutoring slots available.
I currently tutor three students in Standard English, Advanced English, Legal Studies, SOR II, Society & Culture and Business Studies each beginning Year 12 with the 2020 HSC in mind.
I have tutored four past students in Advanced English, Standard English, Legal Studies and Studies of Religion (1 Unit) and (2 Unit) in 2015/16/17/18. Additionally, I have tutored one University of NSW student in 'Contemporary Issues in Government and Global Politics' and 'Comparative Politics and Post-Colonialism'.
I completed my HSC at the selective high school Smith's Hill High School. I finished top of my class in English Extension 1, Economics and Studies of Religion 1/Unit. My combined *ATAR* was 98.70.
I work part-time for a supplements distribution company Enhance Nootropics.
I am passionate about politics, international relations, geopolitics and the intersection between pop culture and contemporary social affairs. I have written on these topics for the UNSW Journal 'Politik', Online Magazine 'Deadcentre' and conducted a number of interviews with political figures, including Anthony Albanese, for that Online Magazine.
If you would like to hear more about my tutoring approach or discuss a potential tutoring plan, please contact me
I am a calm, reserved and somewhat quiet personality but enjoy socialising, learning and teaching. I'm into football (soccer), international relations and politics.
- Studying Bachelor of International Studies (International Relations) at UNSW
- Work Part-Time at Enhance Nootropics
- Published by the UNSW Journal 'Politik'
- Published by the Online Magazine 'Deadcentre'
- Conducted interviews with political figures, including Anthony Albanese, for the Online Magazine 'Deadcentre'
Year 12 completed in 2015.
Mark achieved: 98.70.
Currently studying Bachelor of Laws/International Studies at The University of New South Wales.
- Geopolitics and International Relations
- Football: Premier League, Champions League and the A-League
- U.S. Politics and Domestic Australian Politics
- University Politics at UNSW
- Writing on Geopolitics, Sociology and Pop Culture. And their intersections.