Hi there! My name is Clio, and I'm a passionate tutor with a keen interest in English, History, and Drama. I'm currently undertaking a Bachelor of Arts, majoring in English and History, and have prior experience tutoring students in both primary and high school. I graduated in 2017 with an ATAR of 95.8, having studied Advanced English, English Ext 1, English Ext 2, Modern History, Ancient History, History Extension, and Drama in Year 12. I also have a current Working With Children Check.
My areas of specialty are English, History, and Drama, with a particular focus on the craft of writing - whether you want to plan terrific essays, develop brilliant creative pieces, or even just put together some useful notes. I also help my students take apart and understand every element of the syllabus, because I understand how tricky it can be to wrap your head around everything, especially in senior school! Together, we'll figure out your strengths and weaknesses, as well as where your interests and passions lie, and improve not only your results but your understanding (and enjoyment!) of the subject.
My writing has been published both online and in print form, and I have won a number of awards for my creative work in the past. In 2017 the script I wrote for my Drama Major Work, Sunset Estate, was selected for presentation at OnSTAGE OnSCREEN, the annual showcase for exemplary work by HSC Drama students.
I am available on most weekday afternoons and all day on weekends, and can tutor for an hour or longer depending on your specific needs.
I am based in Redfern, so can easily travel to areas in the City, Eastern Suburbs and Inner West, or if you'd prefer we can work in my home or a local library. I'm also happy to conduct sessions over the phone, online, or however works best for you!
Please don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions at all. Thanks!
- Dean's List of Excellence in Academic Performance 2020
- Leonie Hayne Ancient History Junior Prize 2020
- George Arnold Wood Memorial Prize for History I 2020
- University of Sydney Academic Merit Prize 2020
- Invited into Dalyell Scholars Program at the University of Sydney
- Drama Major Work presented at OnSTAGE OnScreen 2017
- Gold Award for Overall Academic Achievement 2017
- Short fiction and poetry has been published in Heroines Anthology, Baby Teeth Journal, and Leaf Pile Zine
Year 12 completed in 2017.
Mark achieved: 95.80.
Currently studying Bachelor of Arts at The University of Sydney.
- Watching (and yelling about) movies
- Playing guitar