***OFFERING TRIALS AND HSC ASSISTANCE***
ENGLISH AND WRITING SPECIALIST // FIVE YEARS + TEACHING EXPERIENCE // STUDYING A BACHELOR OF EDUCATION (USYD) // PRESERVICE TEACHER
PREVIOUSLY TAUGHT TEXTS
✓ Macbeth - William Shakespeare
✓ Romeo and Juliet - William Shakespeare
✓ Othello - William Shakespeare
✓ King Lear - William Shakespeare
✓ Richard III - William Shakespeare
✓ Merchant of Venice - William Shakespeare
✓ Midsummer Night's Dream - William Shakespeare
✓ The Crucible - Arthur Miller
✓ Whose Life is it Anyway? - Brian Clark
✓ Namatjira - Scott Rankin
✓ Blood Wedding - Federico García Lorca
✓ The King's Speech - Tom Hooper
✓ The Grand Budapest Hotel - Wes Anderson
✓ Billy Elliot - Stephen Daldry
✓ The Truman Show - Peter Weir
✓ The Castle - Rob Sitch
✓ The Great Gatsby - Baz Luhrmann
✓ Othello - Geoffrey Sax
✓ Romeo and Juliet - Baz Luhrmann
✓ Ran - Akira Kurosawa
✓ Looking for Richard - Al Pacino
✓ Parasite - Bong Joon-ho
✓ Saving Private Ryan - Steven Spielberg
✓ Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon - Ang Lee
✓ The Great Gatsby - Scott Fitzgerald
✓ The Happiest Refugee - Anh Do
✓ The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time - Mark Haddon
✓ Henry Lawson Short Stories - Henry Lawson
✓ 1984 - George Orwell
✓ Past the Shallows - Favel Parrett
✓ To Killing a Mocking Bird - Harper Lee
✓ The Handmaid's Tale - Margaret Atwood
✓ Fahrenheit 451 - Ray Bradbury
✓ Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte
✓ Lord of the Flies - William Golding
✓ The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde
✓ Of Mice and Men - John Steinbeck
✓ The Tell-Tale Heart - Edgar Allan Poe
✓ The Cask of Amontillado - Edgar Allan Poe
✓ The Lottery - Shirley Jackson
✓ The Story of an Hour - Kate Chopin
✓ The Yellow Wallpaper - Charlotte Perkins Gilman
✓ The Pedestrian - Ray Bradbury
✓ Apology Speech - Kevin Rudd
✓ Remarks to the People of Israel - Barack Obama
✓ Redfern Park Speech - Paul Keating
✓ Spotty-Handed Villainesses - Margaret Atwood
✓ A Home in Fiction - Geraldine Brooks
✓ Speech to the Israeli Knesset - Anwar Sadat
✓ An Australian History for us All - Noel Pearson
✓ How to Live Before you Die - Steve Jobs
✓ Funeral Service of the Unknown Soldier - Paul Keating
✓ Sylvia Plath Poetry - Sylvia Plath
✓ Ted Hughes Poetry - Ted Hughes
✓ Maureen Ten Poetry - Maureen Ten
✓ T. S. Eliot Poetry - T. S. Eliot
✓ Oodgeroo Noonuccal Poetry - Oodgeroo Noonuccal
✓ Rosemary Dobson Poetry - Rosemary Dobson
✓ Anne Hathaway - Carol Ann Duffy
✓ Antidote - Luka Lesson
✓ Caged Bird - Maya Angelou
✓ Do not go Gentle into that Good Night - Dylan Thomas
✓ Dreams - Langston Hughes
✓ Harlem - Langston Hughes
✓ If You Forget Me - Pablo Neruda
✓ Mother to Son - Langston Hughes
✓ Porphyria's Lover - Robert Browning
✓ Still I Rise - Maya Angelou
✓ Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening - Robert Frost
✓ The Road not Taken - Robert Frost
✓ War Photographer - Carol Ann Duffy
✓ The Raven - Edgar Allan Poe
HOW I CAN HELP YOU:
1. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE: I am currently five years into a five year Education Degree at the University of Sydney. I have both taught formally and tutored for over five years; and have had the fortune of coming across 300 + students. I am also surrounded by HSC markers, school teachers and other passionate pre-service teachers. The accumulation of what I have mentioned above is that I know exactly what is needed for academic success, and I know exactly how I can help you to develop the skills needed for academic success.
2. 24/7 CONSULTATION: I am ALWAYS happy to answer questions (regardless of subject matter) and give timely feedback. ALL questions are welcome, even beyond lesson times.
3. MARKING SERVICES: NO additional fees are required for marking. Feel free to send me as many essays and other types of written responses as you want. The marking is extremely THOROUGH, and relevant comments will be left after each sentence (if required). NO generic and/or half-baked feedback will be given. ALL feedback will be PERSONALISED and geared towards helping you produce a more refined version of your original response.
4. SAMPLE RESOURCES: I have collected a deep reservoir of sample resources – including essays, short answer responses, etc. All sample resources are either written by high achievers or by me personally; and have all achieved in the top band. My collection of sample responses cover a wide range of commonly studied texts at schools. Refer to the lists below for my information!
5. NOTES: In addition to the sample resources, I have also retained all notes that have been used to produce the aforementioned sample resources. The notes include detailed information on – themes, thematic ideas, important quotes and in-depth chapter summaries – for a wide variety of popular texts.
6. GUIDANCE ON TEXTUAL ANALYSIS: I have personally created many scaffolds, templates and additional worksheets centred around developing all the necessary skills required to effectively analyse texts and important quotes. These materials have been trailed and tested with scores of students, and are constantly being refined when potential for improvement arises. These materials on textual analysis will primarily focus on familiarising students with how to write about techniques and how to link the effect of such techniques to their ideas in their responses.
7. GUIDANCE ON THESIS WRITING AND ESSAY STRUCTURE: I have also personally created many scaffolds, templates and additional worksheets geared towards thesis writing and essay structure. These materials are tailored towards acquainting students with how to write a thesis on the spot and/or how to adapt a pre-written thesis to an unseen essay question. Materials also include step-by-step instructions on how to approach structuring essays.
Standard English: $55/hr
Advanced English: $60/hr
English Ext 1: $65/hr
- Band 6 in English Extension I
- Band 6 in English Advanced
- Band 6 in Modern History
- Band 5 in Mathematics
- Band 5 in Biology
Year 12 completed in 2015.
Mark achieved: 93.15.
Currently studying Bachelor of Education & Bachelor of Arts at The University of Sydney.
- Rocking Climbing
- Table Tennis
- Jump Rope
My granddaughter has achieved solid progress since she started to follow Michael's coaching (in just some one school term). Michael's coaching is more outcome-focused and the result of last year's school assessment was encouraging. He is very approachable and my granddaughter likes to discuss her questions with him in person or online and receives the answer/response in detail. His detailed methods are easy to understand and these results have been displayed in the past assessment (as mentioned above). As a to-be English teacher, Michael masters great knowledge to coach his students no matter their level.
- By Daniel on
11th January 2020
Michael is an amazing English tutor who is always well prepared and punctual. He is very talented and provides unique interpretations of texts, which immensely deepened my understanding of the new HSC English syllabus. Michael greatly assisted my HSC preparation from not only providing an array of resources but also tailoring these recourses to my needs. I would highly recommend Michael as a tutor.
- By Anna Nguyen on
6th January 2020
Michael has been a great tutor for my son, Ali. We hope he shall teach ali in 2020.
- By Abdul Hassani on
6th January 2020
Michael is a great tutor. He has a passion for english and strives to ensure his students do well. He is a perfectionist with his work. He also understands his students ability and teaches accordingly.
- By Eldho on
25th November 2019
Fantastic. Michael has helped my daughter greatly with her English studies and is highly recommended.
- By David McCloskey on
28th January 2020