Lawyer, Master of Creative Writing, English Extension 2 specialist and mentor.
First class to discuss your concept is free.
Start now and:
* improve every aspect of your Creative, Critical, Speech, or Poetry writing
* stress less
* be proud of your literary output
* achieve a high band E3 or 4
* get some real life professional mentoring.
I have guided students for over seven years through the complex requirements of the English Extension 2 Course and under my guidance and mentorship all of my students have improved their writing/composition, research skills and their internal rank.
I specialise in mentoring students in the preparation of Short Story(ies), Poem(s), Speech writing and Critical Response.
I hold a Bachelor of Arts (English Literature and Art History) (2008) with First Class Honours (2009), and a Juris Doctor (2012) all from the University of Sydney. I am a lawyer and currently undertaking a Master of Creative Writing (30,000 word composition with exegesis).
As a brief overview, I assist my students with:
• all stages of planning and completing the Major Work, Journal and Reflection Statement;
• developing an extended composition which demonstrates depth, insight, originality, skills in independent investigation and textual integrity;
• your ongoing, systematic and rigorous investigation (independent research) into your chosen area;
• all of the internal assessments including the Viva Voce, Report, and Draft Major Work and Reflection on progress
Each class I provide students with a practical skill, that will not only assist in the Extension 2 Course, but also in their personal and academic lives beyond the HSC.
See some reviews below.
- First class honours (2009) USYD
- Walter Reid Memorial Prize (2012) USYD
- First in Environmental Law (2013)
Bachelor of Arts (English and Art History) with First Class Honours (USYD) (2009) (20,000 word thesis)
Juris Doctor (USYD) (2012).
Master of Creative Writing (USYD) (current) and working on a book of short stories about my experiences as a litigation lawyer.
- Modernist literature
- Writing haikus
Without Blair the intricate wonders of the Extension 2 English course would have been lost on me. He aided me in my exploration of both the elements of the English Language and a wide scope of creative ideas. He encouraged me to practise a great deal of self discipline when it came to my writing whilst also exhibiting a wealth of understanding and appreciation for my efforts. It was extremely rewarding to have a mentor that was so passionate about not only the course itself, but also my work; to bounce ideas, changes, and problems off, in order to come to formative conclusions. I am positive that I got the most out of this course that I ever possibly could have, and I have Blair to thank for that.
- By Gabrielle on
11th April 2018
Blair’s expertise and creativity in navigating the Extension 2 English course has transformed what was an initially independent and gruelling subject into an incredibly insightful experience. His very detailed knowledge of guidelines and expectations of the course and modern literature is complemented by carefully structured guidance through the stages of research and writing. His dedication to his students is seen in his willingness to spend time in listening to thoughts and ideas, and subsequently, his creative and original suggestions about how such ideas may be incorporated. Above all, it is his empathy and patience with his students that make every lesson productive and enjoyable, and Blair a great tutor.
- By Annabelle on
13th December 2017